I got tagged by
and it's been a little over a year since my last update, so... Yeah!
I've never done these before, so bear with me... I'm too thorough whenever I answer super interesting questions, I swear.
- You must post these rules.
- Each person has to share 10 things about them
- Answer the 10 questions asked to you and invent 10 questions the people you tag will have to answer
- Choose 10 people and put their icons on your journal
- Go to their page to inform them they are tagged.
- No "you are tagged if you read that"
- You have to legitimately tag 10 people
- You can't say that you don't do tags.
- You MUST MAKE A JOURNAL ENTRY.
10 Things About Me:
1. I'm a very lucid dreamer, and can remember dreams in mostly precise detail, including lengthy ones. I practiced this since I was young with my bestest best friend in the whole wide world, 'cause we were really into surreal, subconscious stuff growing up and even now. Apparently, I also talk in my sleep, but nowhere as often as my lucid dreaming and recalling my dreams. And even rarer than that, I did sleep with my eyes open a few times. Talking/screaming in my sleep + sleeping with my eyes open VERY much scared my family the times they happened.
2. I descended from royalty. There is paperwork on my dad's side of the family to prove that I descended from this dynasty
too, and I was mostly set to be the heir of the royal family line because I was the first born of the eldest son under my grandpa (and I believe they skipped over my dad to give me the title). However, wonky things happened and I'm not as local as my grandpa's favorite grandsons, so I'm not sure if I "qualify" for this title anymore. It doesn't bother me though.
3. I'm lactose intolerant. This does not stop me from eating ice cream anyways. I think my intolerance isn't as bad as it used to be because I keep eating things I "shouldn't".
4. I REALLY love animals. I took a course in zoology while I was in college to fulfill my biology requirement (which also happens to have a teaching zoo, no joke), I swam with dolphins and sea turtles, fed giraffes, talk to animals (or try to) whenever I'm at a zoo or pet shop, animals would generally gravitate towards me, and funnily enough... I've never owned a pet, save for betta fish I kept alive for a few years while I was in middle school. I hope to eventually volunteer at a local animal shelter so I'd know how to better care for a future pet. I REALLY want a Birman kitty someday...~
5. I apparently have a Kevin Bacon number
of 3, so I'm separated from Kevin Bacon by three people.
6. I've seen ALMOST every single Cirque du Soleil show in Las Vegas live. I still need to watch Criss Angel Believe, and I missed the shows that went away before I could watch them, like the one inspired by Elvis Presley. I hope the one inspired by Michael Jackson sticks around long enough for me to watch that one too! I also watched a bunch of Cirque du Soleil's traveling shows live too. Clearly, Cirque du Soleil has been a major inspiration since I was young... The first show I've watched as a TV program on Bravo was Quidam, and the first one I watched live was O. I even very briefly trained with one of O's performers last year~
7. I was once mistaken for a Bloods gang member. That's a story for another day.
8. I was runner up in my middle school for the National Spelling Bee, though we didn't make it past county level. I also won 1st place in the Intermediate division of an archery tournament while I was in high school. I shot recurve and my left eye's my dominant one. I miss doing archery, and I'm waaayyy out of shape now.
9. I've never taken art classes or been to art school. At most, I took mandatory classes in elementary and middle school, but I didn't learn much about the fundamentals and whatnot; Lots of "follow directions and copy the teacher" and hardly any "this is why". I self-taught myself since preschool, and I give myself drawing HW... Though, admittedly, I do want to go to an art school someday, after I get over "class anxieties" (I'm afraid of drama and am kinda intimidated of stronger artists), because being self-taught resulted in lots of stuck bad habits and classes/teachers would better guide my learning process. Not to mention I'd be forced to focus, since I can get distracted from my own self-assigned HW a lot of the time.
10. 1337 5p33k saved my hide once. That's a story for another day too.
Q's from fefetea:
1. What movie is your guilty pleasure and why?
I was about to say Frozen because I enjoy it, despite my issues with the movie's plot/structure/story execution, but at least Frozen is more understandable to most people than The Lorax. Dadgummit, I love quite a few of the songs in The Lorax, I love how vibrant the colors are, and for a time, I did lurk the Once-ler fandom on Tumblr. However, I am VERY aware of the movie's issues. I know what they were trying to do, but these issues man... They're a lot more glaring than the ones in Frozen...
2. What's your favourite memory from 2013?
Huh... Looking back, a lot of stuff happened in 2013... Being super general to sum up my favorite parts, hanging out with my friends~
3. What cuisine is your least favourite and why?
Dang, I'm more likely to keep track of the food I like than the ones I don't, and the foods I don't like I'd be more likely to chalk it up to wonky preparation/individual restaurants than the entire cuisine itself... I can't really think of one... MAYBE Vietnamese food, if only because I ate/eat/and have eaten so much of it throughout my entire life that I take it for granted nowadays. Don't get me wrong, it's not terrible food! I even eat more kinds of Vietnamese food than my siblings do. I just have it so much that I generally crave other kinds of foods simply to change things up. I'm learning to re-appreciate Vietnamese food though, 'cause someday, like any other person, I might not have my mom's or grandma's cooking anymore, y'know?
4. What clique/social group did you fall into as a teen?
LONER/DRIFTER. I was that one loser who stuck to her hobbies and had very few people to share it with, but I think people perceived me as quirky enough to go in and out of other groups because it's not like people shunned me or anything. I just kept to myself a lot and often went straight home after school to do my HW and study. And people usually wanted me in their group for projects because I was either eloquent enough to fluff and pad essays, or I was the audio/video editor/Photoshopper/artist of the team.
5. When you were a small child, what job did you dream of doing?
I can't remember if I wanted to be a cartoon character or doctor first, when I was super young. Doctor was solely because I was told they made a lot of money and I was raised to be an overachiever. Cartoon character because... Well, it was actually fun, and the rest is history. And only a hair after those two was magician.
6. You have a choice of a creepy-crawlies zoo or a torture museum; which would you prefer to visit?
NOOOOOOOOO I DON'T LIKE EITHER OF THOSE!! B-but if I absolutely HAD to... Maybe a creepy-crawlies zoo... 'Cause at least the creepy-crawlies would be in tanks or behind glass... I DID end up in a museum with an exhibit featuring TOO MUCH blood, gore, and torture devices before... May I mention that the museum was nearly empty because it was in the evening near closing time, and I was in that exhibit by myself, maybe 15 at oldest? I had to go through it to "complete" my route through the museum... I did NOT give anything a closer look.
7. Favourite drink?
I can't decide! I like Shirley Temples though~ And cherry limeade, and soda chanh...
8. What food would you most like to try that you haven't already eaten?
Something Gordon Ramsay made, since our family watches so many of his shows, and we wanna try his food! So many people, including my friends who tried his recipes, said he made what could be the best thing they've ever tasted ever, so I REALLY wanna try his food at least once someday.
9. If we had telepathy do you think it would lead to a culture of understanding or a culture of constant warring?
Constant warring. If you thought misunderstandings because of poor word choice was bad, imagine Freudian Slips before they happen...! Like accidentally imagining your crush naked, then your crush knowing! People get involuntary mean or scary thoughts all the time too (road rage, anyone), and due to current stigmas towards mental disorders, I think people would be quicker to lock up people with disturbing thoughts than see it as a cry for help or the brain simply impulsively coming up with things we have the responsibility to not act on. A cross between paranoia and lack of privacy... It sounds pessimistic and cynical, but I think it's more like a culture of understanding would need a lot of time to develop first for what's being telepathically seen/understood to make sense.
10. What book would you least like to stumble across in an abandoned library?
...This one's a tough one, 'cause I can think of two. A book about my life, up to how my life ends. That'd be really creepy, if you think about it... Abandoned library of unknown origins aside, I don't think I'd want to know how the future turns out, even if I'd be super curious enough to want to be "reassured" by good news or figure out how to change my "fate". It'd either make me complacent or even more stressed out about how I'm living my life. Another book I probably wouldn't want to come across would be a sentient one that knows too much and enough to outwit me. Tom Marvolo Riddle, yo. On the hand, if the book ain't evil, I wouldn't mind as much and would probably like the mystical company.
I'MMA REBEL SO YOU DON'T HAVE TO TAG IF YOU DUN WANNA WADDYA MEAN THIS IS MORE THAN TEN AND WADDYA MEAN NOT ALL OF THESE ARE QUESTIONS
Q's For You!
1) What's your porn star name? Name of First Pet + Name of Street You Grew Up On
2) Tell me about one of your fondest memories. Or an embarrassing story.
3) What 5 things should I put on a summoning circle to summon you? Why those things?
4) Name something you like. Then, describe all the things you don't like about it or feel it could be better with.
5) You suddenly have the ability to manipulate memories! But you can only use it once, either to change your own memories or someone else's; One or the other. What do? ...Which memory?
6) If I encountered your evil twin, what should I know about you that your evil twin likely wouldn't?
7) What's something you wish you did as a child?
8) In one of your current areas of interest, what do you think you have that's unique and believe to be solely your own? Like describe your style or particular way of doing things.
9) If you had a whole day to eat nothing but your favorite foods for each meal + dessert/snack/drinks, what would those foods be?
10) You're on flippin' dA, or I generally know you as a creative. You probably have an original story, character, or personal project in the works, or tucked in your mind, that you want to do someday. Care to describe your character/story/project?
xx; I spent WAAAAAAAAAAYYYY too much time on these.